Touring School Camp/Group Accommodation and Tourism Based BusinessMeeniyan, Victoria
- For SaleContract Type
Backpacker/Hostel Guest House/B&B Motel Tours
Bed and Breakfast Information
An awesome opportunity has arisen due to the success of the current owner’s main business which is also in an aligned accommodation property in the region. A young family and a rampant business have determined that something had to give and thus the Rail Trail Lodge has been reluctantly offered for sale.
Due to their knowledge of not only the accommodation industry but the local area, the owners embarked on building a new business to cater for a dire shortage of budget accommodation in this area and overflow of groups from their current operation.
They have used their considerable knowledge to design building modifications and get permits approved for a 144 bed facility utilising the substantial brick buildings that are on the site.
The proposed business will to cater for:
• School Camps - focusing on bike education, utilising the nearby rail-trail. (Planning permit contains provision for a large bike shelter).
• A base for touring groups visiting South Gippsland.
• A base for visitors to Wilson’s Prom National Park - only 30 minutes from the Prom Gates
• Short-term accommodation during the areas many events
• An outlet for the over-flow of their current accommodation-based business.
There are still some works to go to ready the site for groups and individual budget travellers but with some support from the vendors it should only be a short period of time before the business is up and running.
Brett Bowden 0417 005 755